MoodPanda Global Mood Maps
Live Global Mood Maps
Join in the project, post your mood at moodpanda.com
With moodpanda.com you can track your mood online, for free - it’s a very simple, friendly and fun way to track your mood
#Question: What are five good reasons to track your mood?
In a nutshell, the reason for tracking your mood is to learn more about yourself and achieve better health.
1. Triggers and warning signs. By using a mood diary you can monitor the patterns in your life and identify negative influences (or “triggers”) that you need to avoid, and early warning signs that your health is deteriorating.
2. Wellness strategies. A mood diary can help you to find the small things, as well as the big, that help you to stay well. It can show you the impact of the positive strategies that you adopt on your well-being.
3. Planning for health. Optimism is a case in point. It is designed for a person to bring together an understanding of their triggers, early warning signs or symptoms, and wellness strategies. It gives them a better understanding of their health and helps them to develop a plan for remaining well. That is the key. The purpose of a mood diary should be to plan for wellness, not just keep a record of illness.
4. Actively participate. Rather than be a passive recipient of treatment, or just seek treatment in reaction to a new episode, a mood diary can help you to have more involvement in your health and a sense of control. In general people achieve better health outcomes when they educate themselves and are proactive about their health.
5. A health professional’s dream. By keeping a mood diary you can provide your health professional with a precise, detailed history. It removes the problem of memory recall and gives an accurate picture of what has been happening. It gets to the bottom of what is or isn’t working, which helps them to give more relevant, appropriate advice and treatment.
Every person’s illness is different. As I read elsewhere today, “One Size Fits One”. For many people treatment is difficult, a slow process, or not entirely successful. A good mood diary is an effective way to increase the chance of success.
-Therese Borchard Interviewing James Bishop
Many psychologists and therapists suggest that keeping a mood diary can be very therapeutic.
MoodPanda is an online Mood Diary that lets you track your mood.
It can help towards the first steps of treating symptoms of depression, bipolar disorders and even PMS.
Keeping a mood diary will help you track and monitor your mood. A benefit of this is that over time you can become more aware of your feelings, and the things that cause them.
MoodPanda is a nice quick way to keep a diary of what you’ve been up to, and also includes a colourful Mood Calendar feature.
If you choose to, you can use MoodPanda to update your Facebook and Twitter for you, saving time and sharing your thoughts with friends. It also means you can see your facebook and twitter posts on a calendar!
A new addition to MoodPanda is the Groups section. We want to build a community of people to support each other through hard times, to ask each other for help, and just chat to each other and make friends
And most of all - its fun! We built the web site for ourselves and because we hoped people would find it fun to use.